Tuesday 23 August 2016

Telecaster build - pickups

I got a package this morning:



This is a set of stock, nickel covered Bare Knuckle Pickups - The Boss model. These came highly recommended by a friend of mine, samples sounded good and, hey, I like Springsteen... Shiny...



There's a tiny bit of wiggle room in how I can mount the scratchplate, and since the pickup mounts to the scratchplate, I had to make sure it was perfectly centred under the strings. So, I strung her up..



Then I had nothing to do! I was, annoyingly, missing the screws to attach the scratchplate. This meant that I couldn't attach the scratchplate, or the control plate, which is slightly dependent on the position of the scratch plate, and  I didn't really want to start soldering until I could do both those things. So, I took a couple more pictures and called it a night :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment