Wednesday 10 February 2016

Telecaster Two build - neck catch up

Most of the steps for this neck will be identical to the other telecaster so not much detail here, and I'm hoping to run through this at a relatively fast rate. The only difference will be a small bit of inlay at the 12th fret and I may not bind this fretboard  - not sure on that yet.

I planed a straight edge on the fretboard to allow me to have a decent edge to get it placed on the neck:



Then as before, drilled little pins through the fretslots to locate it on the neck. Then I rough cut the shape of the neck.

By this point I needed to use my router, but it was late and the neighbours may not have appreciated it :]. Instead I drilled the tuner machine holes using the Stew Mac jig.

You drill two holes, then the jig holds itself in place with the two steel pegs:



Then drill all the rest of the holes:



So, lots left to do, probably have to radius that fretboard soon :(

No comments:

Post a Comment