Monday 18 April 2016

omg more sanding...

I've not been doing a lot recently, and what I have been doing doesn't really lend itself to pictures / descriptions. However, both bodies and necks are now completely ready for lacquering. Here's a close up of one of the smooth sides at 400 grit:



hmm, silky. 

And here's all the bodies lined up:



You may notice an extra one has snuck in... that's from a strat body I was building and which was almost finished. It was the first one I'd painted myself, and the paint was a little thicker than it needs to be. I thought I may as well take the opportunity now to redo it so stripped it back. Three bodies + two necks is actually now a bit more work than I wanted...

Here it is from a couple of month ago, almost finished:



And here it is now, grain filler curing, No longer even close :] 



It's possible the eventual owner reads this blog and I haven't told him about this yet :] 

I'm gong to start lacqering very soon - certainly be the end of this week I'll be in a position to if the weather gets a bit less damp and rainy. It's going to be a fairly intense schedule of three different colours as well as a lot of amber / clear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment